1. General Provisions
Marker.io is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
To the attention of the Privacy Manager
Quai Paul Verlaine 2 – box 2
6000 Charleroi, Belgium
According to the Applicable Data Protection laws, you may be entitled to file a complaint with your local Supervisory Authority or the lead Supervisory Authority, being the Belgian Data Protection Authority (address: Rue de la Presse 35, 1000 Brussels - email: firstname.lastname@example.org ).
This will generally be the case when are you located within the European Economic Area (hereinafter the “EEA”). We would appreciate it however that, prior to filing any complaint, you contact us in order for us to assist you with your request or concern.
Please note that the Services may contain links to other websites digital platforms or Internet resources which may collect personal data voluntarily or through cookies or other technologies. Marker.io has no responsibility, liability for, or control over those other websites or Internet resources or their collection, use and disclosure of your personal data. The foregoing implies, among other things, that Marker.io is not responsible and cannot be held liable for any data processing performed by management tools such as for example Trello, JIRA, GitHub, Slack, … Marker.io recommends you to review the privacy policies of those other websites, tools and Internet resources to understand how they collect and use personal data.
2. Data Processed by Marker.io
The categories of personal data which can be processed by Marker.io when using the website, subscribing to our Services or interacting in any other way with us are the following:
Your name, email address, job role, company information, …
While we make every effort to ensure that your personal data is accurate, complete and up to date, you can help us considerably in this by promptly notifying us if there are any changes to your data by contacting our Privacy Manager as indicated under section 1.
Data collected via third-party service integration:
Your credentials for third-party management tools such as for example Trello, JIRA, GitHub, Slack, … These credentials are only collected in order to access the data the User wishes Marker.io to access.
Data collected via screenshot captures:
Your screenshots captured via the Marker.io browser extension in order to benefit from the Services might contain certain personal data. Marker.io does however not have a view on the exact category of personal data contained herein since the screenshot will be captured by yourself. To the extent possible, you commit not to share any sensitive data, as further defined.
For the avoidance of any doubt, it is precised that – as all other personal data processed via the Services - the screenshots are stored on Marker.io’s servers in order to ensure an adequate quality of its Services. At anytime, Users can decide to permanently delete their screenshots from Marker.io via their dashboard.
Data collected via automated means:
The processing of personal data identified under points (a), (b) and (c) is necessary for the performance of the contract Marker.io has with its Customers. Marker.io shall not be able to provide the Services in absence of the concerning personal data. The processing of personal data identified under point (d) is necessary for Marker.io’s legitimate interests in order to deliver and improve its Services.
Marker.io will not collect any sensitive data. This includes data such as: data relating to race or ethnic origin, religious beliefs, criminal record, physical or mental health, or sexual orientation from Users. Marker.io will, if necessary, obtain your explicit consent to collect such data.
The User undertakes to communicate correct personal data to Marker.io. The User can change this personal data at any time. Marker.io cannot be held liable for any malfunctioning in the Services due to erroneous personal data communicated by the User or modifications to the User’s personal data by third-party management tools.
3. Purpose of the processing
Marker.io will process these data for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the Services (as applicable);
- to administer, operate, facilitate and manage your relationship and/or account with us, and to otherwise, including contacting you or, if applicable, your designated representative(s) by post, telephone, email etc.;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information, recommendations or advice concerning our offers, promotions, products and services, including those products and services which you request from us. If you are an existing customer (and save for where this is permitted under Applicable Data Protection Laws or where you have provided your consent to further marketing) we will only contact you by electronic means (email) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiation of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use personal information, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this, save for where this is otherwise permitted under Applicable Data Protection Laws;
- to notify you about changes to the Services;
- to operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing and research and statistical and survey purposes); managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of and optimizing our advertising; analysing our products, services, websites, mobile applications and any other digital assets; facilitating the functionality of our websites, mobile applications and any other digital assets; to ensure the content of our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and performing accounting, auditing and billing activities;
- as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any relevant judicial process or governmental agency; and
- to comply with industry standards and our policies.
4. Your rights
Under Applicable Data Protection Law, you may have certain rights regarding the personal data we maintain about you. We also offer you certain choices about what personal data we collect from you, how we use that data, and how we communicate with you.
You can choose not to provide personal data to us. You also may refrain from submitting data directly to us. However, if you do not provide your personal data when requested, or if you exercise your rights you may not be able to benefit from the Services (as applicable), and we may not be able to provide you with information about Services.
To the extent provided by Applicable Data Protection Law, you may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us, or object at any time to the processing of your personal data. We will apply your preferences going forward. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to our use or disclosure of your personal data will mean that you cannot take advantage of certain Services. In addition, you may have the right to: request access to and receive information about the personal data we maintain about you, receive copies of the personal data we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal data, object to the processing of your personal data, and have the information blocked, anonymized or deleted, as appropriate. You may also have a right to data portability, which implies that Marker.io can supply (at your request) your data to you and / or to a third party in a structured and machine-readable form.
To exercise these rights, please contact our Privacy Manager as indicated under section 1.
The rights above are likely to apply to you if you are based in the EEA and may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements including Applicable Data Protection Law. The rights can be exercised free of charge unless the requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive. In the latter cases, Marker.io can either charge a reasonable fee or refuse the requested action.
Marker.io will ensure that for its marketing activities it will comply with the applicable legislation (including the Applicable Data Protection Laws) and that it will obtain, where required, the necessary consents before the User receives any emails or other electronic communication from Marker.io or one of its partners. You can demand at any time to stop the sending of such information by clicking on the unsubscribe button in the received electronic communication.
5. Disclosure of personal data
Although Marker.io may transfer personal data to so-called business partners, consultants or other service providers for the performance of the Services (as applicable) or any other contract we enter into with them or you, we will not share data with third parties for secondary or unrelated purposes unless otherwise stated when collecting these data.
Anyone who has access to your personal data will always be bound by strict legal or contractual obligations to keep your personal data safe and confidential. This means that only the following recipients will receive your personal data:
- governmental or judicial authorities insofar we are required to send them your personal data (e.g. tax authority, police or law enforcement).
- our staff, consultants and suppliers (e.g. providing data services, marketing services, payment services, …);
If Marker.io gets involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation or bankruptcy, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company, we may share your information with that company before and after the transaction closes.
As the case may be, one or more of the above may be located outside of the EEA. Where applicable, your personal information will be processed in compliance with section 7.
6. Retention period
Marker.io does not store the data longer than legally admissible and in any case not longer than required for the purposes for which it was collected – as mentioned in section 3 – unless otherwise required or authorized by Applicable Data Protection Law. We take measures to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal data if required by law or if your personal data is no longer required for the purpose for which we collected it.
All personal data we collect in the framework of our contractual relationship with you, we store during the contractual period and at least 7 years after the termination hereof.
7. International data transfers
8. Security of data
The security of personal data is important to us. Marker.io shall take all reasonable and appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the security, confidentiality and integrity of personal data. In particular, Marker.io will take appropriate measures to prevent any accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to personal data.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website or other digital assets, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not without any risks. The User consequently acknowledges that we cannot guarantee the security of her/his personal data to our website or other digital assets (such as our applications, tools, …); any transmission is at your own risk. We will however do our best to protect your personal data once we have received it and will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Read more about what we do for the security of our Services at https://marker.io/security