1. General information
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in a User’s web browser. When the User browses the same website in the future, the data stored in the cookie can be retrieved by the website to notify the website of the User’s previous activity. It helps the website to remember information about the User’s visit. The User can choose to turn cookies on or off. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a User, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. Further information on cookies can be found on http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ or http://www.aboutcookies.org/.
What types of cookies do we use?
Our Platform may use first-party and third-party cookies, as well as other types of tracking tools.
The cookies used on our Platform may be generally categorised as follow:
- Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential to make the Platform work correctly, they enable you to move around our Platform and use our features. Examples include remembering previous actions (e.g. entered text) when navigating back to a page in the same session.
-> Do these cookies collect personal data/identify me? These cookies do not identify you as an individual. If you do not accept these cookies, it may affect the performance of the website, or parts of it.
- Performance Cookies. These cookies collect information about how you use our Platform, for instance which pages you go to most often, the time spent on our Platform and any issues encountered, such as error messages. These cookies help us improve the performance of our Platform.
-> Do these cookies collect personal data/identify me? These cookies do not identify you as an individual. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies allow our Platform to remember the choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) to provide a more personalised online experience. These cookies may also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. Similarly, they may be used to keep track of what featured products or videos have been viewed to avoid repetition, and to enable you to engage with social tools, such as blogs, chatrooms and forums.
-> Do these cookies collect personal data/identify me? The information these cookies collect may include personal data that you have disclosed. If you do not accept these cookies, it may affect the performance and functionality of the website and may restrict access to content on the website.
Do we use third party cookies?
When you use the Services you may receive cookies from third party websites or domains. We endeavour to identify these cookies before they are used so that you can decide whether or not you wish to accept them.
-> Do these cookies collect personal data/identify me? Based on the type of cookies used by the relevant third-party, the information these cookies collect may include personal data.
More information about these cookies may be available on the relevant third party's website.
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics is a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”), to help us understand how our Site is used. Information about your use of our Site, including your IP address, may be transmitted to Google and stored on their servers. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the Site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the Site, where visitors have come to the Site from and the pages they visited. To learn more about Google Analytics cookie usage click here.
More information: To learn more about types of cookies used by Google services, click here and here: http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Intercom: Intercom helps us communicate with our customers via chat on our website. More information: https://www.intercom.com/terms-and-policies#cookie-policy
- Stripe: Stripe is an online payment processing tool for internet businesses allowing our customers to pay for our Services via our Platform.
More information: https://stripe.com/cookies-policy/legal
- FullStory: FullStory helps us understand our Users’ behavior and improve the Services.
More information: https://www.fullstory.com/legal/privacy/
- Amplitude: Amplitude provides analytics and helps us understand how our Users use the Services and where we can improve it.
More information: https://amplitude.com/privacy
- Segment: Segment helps us to send all our events to our different services we use to improve Marker.io (Intercom, Amplitude… )
More information: https://segment.com/docs/legal/privacy/
In terms of duration, we may use two different types of cookies on our Platform:
- Session Cookies.These cookies are temporary cookies that remain on your device until you leave our Platform; or
- Persistent Cookies.These cookies remain on your device for much longer or until you manually delete them (how long the cookie remains on your device will depend on the duration or “lifetime” of the specific cookie, as well as your browser settings, as stated below).
Cookies and consent
To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before collecting personal data using cookies or similar automated means. You can give your consent by clicking the appropriate button in the cookie banner.
How do I disable or remove cookies?
You can withdraw your consent at any time by activating or accessing the setting on your browser. Each type of web browser offers ways to be notified about, to restrict and to delete cookies. For more information on how to manage cookies, please visit the appropriate link below:
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Safari: https://support.applcom/en-gb/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
- Microsoft Edge: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-10/edge-privacy-faq
If you use different devices to view and access the Services (e.g. your computer, smartphone, tablet etc) you will need to ensure that each browser on each device is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences.