In this post, we compare and contrast the 15 best product feedback tools based on features, use cases, and pricing.
Developers, agencies, and product teams need to collect 3 types of product feedback:
- User experience feedback about a software product or an app in development—from clients and other stakeholders;
- SaaS product or app user/customer feedback and bug reports when a site is live;
- Customer analytics, user experience data, and other meaningful insights that will help improve a company's digital products and experiences.
Collecting any of that information involves using a product feedback tool.
In its most basic form, a product feedback tool is an in-app survey or form that users can fill in and the information is sent to the software development team.
But collecting product feedback is a challenge.
Unless you make it super simple, users don’t give feedback. They leave, stop using the product, and don’t come back.
With a product feedback tool, all of that is a thing of the past.
The best product tools make it easy to scale too, so you can handle hundreds of projects without losing thousands of hours of work to collect, collate, and assign feedback.
Let’s dive in with a comparison of the 15 best product feedback tools in 2023.
15 Best Product Feedback Tools in 2023
Here’s a list of the best feedback software to help you gather product feedback and collect user insights from your app or website.
Report bugs and collect feedback straight into your PM tools, without leaving your website or app.
With Marker.io, that’s all it takes. It’s a simple feedback widget that lives on your website.
Customers, users, clients, and colleagues can send you feedback and bug reports without leaving your website or app.
Collect real-time user feedback
Users and customers want to tell businesses what it’s like using their software products or apps.
But unless there’s an easy way to do this, customers won’t speak up.
With a product feedback tool like Marker.io, the process is simple:
- Notice something isn’t working, or want to give feedback? Just click the button.
- Fill out the feedback form and input details.
- Click on “Report Issue”—done!
Check it out:
The best thing is, users and customers can provide:
- Written feedback about products;
- Visually annotate that feedback (arrows, emojis, and more);
- A screenshot is automatically included;
- So is the metadata and environment logs;
- And a replay of the user session.
2-way status sync with developer tools
With Marker.io, product feedback goes straight into your PM tool.
Marker.io integrates seamlessly with dozens of market-leading PM tools, such as Jira, GitHub, Trello, ClickUp, Notion, and many more.
Team leaders or agency founders can assign this, or use automation workflows to ensure the right dev gets the task.
Once it’s actioned, you can mark the task as resolved in your PM tool, and it will be automatically marked as “Done” in Marker.io.
It’s that simple! And if you want, you can have the reporter notified every single time, too.
This way, you don’t have to jump between tools. Make your PM suite your single source of truth for every task, roadmap item, bug report, and product feedback report.
Check it out:
Data-rich bug reports
When a user stumbles across a bug, they know something is wrong.
Unfortunately, properly reporting a bug—when you’re not tech savvy—isn’t easy.
A report that says, “X is broken, it doesn’t do Y, can you fix it?”, is rarely enough information for an engineer to resolve the issue.
Without technical data, some bugs will go unfixed.
Fortunately, with Marker.io, the following is automatically included in every bug report:
- The specific URL/web or app page the user was on when the bug occurred;
- Environment info (browser, OS, device, screen size);
- Console logs;
- And any kind of custom metadata you need.
With all of that data going automatically into the assigned task in the PM tool, your team can action a bug fix quickly and notify the client or user.
With Session Replay, get an instant replay of what a user was doing within an app site before submitting a bug report.
As a developer, when you receive feedback from real-world scenarios, your first action is to try and reproduce that scenario.
But even with all the technical data in the report—your development team sometimes still fails to understand what’s going on.
If only you could see exactly what happened during testing...
Well—Marker.io's toolkit includes session replay for that reason.
Straight from your PM tool, simply click the “Watch replay” link.
You’ll then be able to watch the last 30 seconds (or more) before the report was submitted.
Check out session replay in action:
We can clearly see this user journey:
- Clicked on "About Us"
- Scrolled down & up
- Tried several times to click on "Contact Us"
- Gave up and reported a bug with the Marker.io widget.
Make sure the Marker.io widget is embedded on the website(s) or app(s) you are working on, and enable session replay in your widget settings. It’s as simple as that!
Marker.io's pricing ranges from $39/mo to $159/mo, with tailor-made plans for Enterprise deals.
Is it time you gave Marker.io a go? Try Marker.io free for 15 days, add it to your agency workflow, and let us know what you think!
Publish custom in-app feedback surveys with this simple and powerful product feedback tool.
Typeform surveys and quizzes shows users one question at a time, improving the survey experience. It’s one of the reasons millions of businesses and individuals use it worldwide.
With Typeform, you can:
- Quickly publish using dozens of survey templates or create your own survey;
- Publish surveys and product feedback forms within software or apps, so you can gather feedback and user bug reports at any stage of the customer journey;
- Share these reports with team members and feed the data into various tools, such as PM software.
Pricing: plans from $29/mo, with a limited free option available.
An end-to-end roadmapping tool that includes product user feedback features.
Roadmunk, specializes in roadmap-based project management workflows.
With Roadmunk, you can:
- Capture real-time product feedback;
- Use templates and surveys to understand what users want you to build next;
- Prioritize ideas and new features;
- Integrate these insights into boardroom-ready roadmaps to communicate your strategy.
Pricing: From $19/mo up to $99 per user/mo.
Grow your product with personalized in-app experiences for every stage of the user journey.
Userpilot is a “product growth” product feedback and user experience tool used by over 750 companies. With Userpilot, product development teams can:
- Track and analyze customer data and the end-to-end user experience;
- Capture customer satisfaction with customer feedback tools;
- Use this data to help new and existing customers find new value from products and apps.
Pricing: From $249/mo.
A tool for keeping all of your product feedback in one place.
Upvoty gives engineering and customer experience (CX) teams the ability to:
- Source product feature ideas from customer submissions and upvotes;
- Track product user feedback internally and from public sources (e.g. social media);
- Create one-click product roadmaps and share with customers, clients, and stakeholders as required, and more!
Pricing: From $15/mo to $75/mo.
6. Hubspot's Online Form Builder
HubSpot is a powerful SaaS suite of products for inbound marketing, sales, and customer service.
One of those tools is HubSpot's Free Online Form Builder; with this, you can:
- Customize online and in-app surveys and customer feedback forms
- Create product feedback forms and surveys or use numerous templates
- Automatically setup data from these forms to go into your CRM and other tools, such as PM software.
Pricing: Free, with HubSpot Marketing integrations from $45/mo.
A customer feedback platform that includes analytics, heatmaps, and surveys.
Hotjar is deployed on over 900,000 websites to collect on-page and in-product feedback and user behavior analytics.
With Hotjar, web dev agency owners can:
- Give customers, users, and clients the ability to share their thoughts and report bugs;
- Replay in-app user sessions and track users’ experiences with visual heatmaps and analytics;
- Create tailored product feedback forms to get all of the information you need to improve your digital experience.
Pricing: starts at $66/mo.
More commonly used for collaborative working, with the right integrations you can also use Slack as a product feedback tool.
Slack, now a Salesforce company, is synonymous with modern business communications.
With Slack, you can:
- Create channels for your dev team to communicate and handle product feedback requests;
- Integrate Slack with PM tools and/or Zapier to implement those tickets;
- Use Slack alongside PM tools and Marker.io to ensure customers are aware that feedback has been actioned.
Pricing: From $4.00/mo per user.
A project management tool that’s great for product feedback, too.
Jira is popular with agile web development teams as a market-leading PM tool. With Jira, you can:
- Collect product feedback and bug reports;
- Manage your projects and feedback in one app—instead of separate ones for different use cases;
- Leverage an extensive range of PM tools, features, and integrations.
By the way, Marker.io integrates seamlessly with Jira.
Pricing: $0 (10 users), up to $15.25/mo per user.
A product and customer feedback tool for B2B SaaS companies.
UserVoice is a customer feedback tool for product managers, product executives, and feedback managers. With UserVoice, you can:
- Capture, track, and organize feedback from product users/customers;
- Aggregate customer feedback and internal feedback in one platform;
- Implement and action feedback to improve products and the user experience.
Pricing: Starts with a 21-day free trial, with subscriptions from $799/mo (billed quarterly, or annually with a 10% discount), up to $1,499/mo, with customizable Enterprise options.
A product feedback and feature request management tool.
With Canny, product managers can:
- Capture customer and product feedback in one place;
- Take informed and analytics-driven product roadmap decisions;
- Announce product feature updates and follow-up when customer feedback has been implemented.
Pricing: From Free, with a $400/mo and Custom option for larger businesses.
A drag-and-drop project and product management tool.
Next on our list of product feedback tools is Trello.
- Trello uses the Kanban-style task board to organize SaaS and website development projects;
- You can use a template to organize product feedback issues according to who reported them, whether they are resolved or in progress, and display user feedback in various formats;
- If you integrate Trello with Marker.io, then you can keep product feedback, bug reports, task management, issue resolution, and notifying customers within the same app.
Pricing: Starts with a Free plan, and goes from $6.00 per user/mo up to $12.50 per user/mo, with an Enterprise option for larger teams.
An app that makes collecting product feedback quicker.
Delighted is a Qualtrics product, created for the 360 customer feedback loop. You can use it to:
- Create custom surveys or choose one from 8 templates and 5 delivery methods;
- Keep product feedback within a single solution;
- Integrate it with other products, such as CRMs and bug-tracking tools.
Pricing: From free, with premium solutions starting at $224/mo (billed annually).
On-page surveys, product feedback tools, and website UX/CX data.
Qualaroo’s on-page surveys allow you to gather insights from your customers while they’re on your website or app. Qualaroo provides:
- Tailored feedback forms, pop-upp surveys, and pre-made questionnaire templates;
- In-context insights and metrics about your users’ experience;
Pricing: Starts at $80/month, scaling with the number of pageviews.
A product feedback tool for mobile apps and software.
Instabug is a tool for in-app testing and product feedback. You can:
- Collect feedback and bug reports from customers;
- Monitor and improve the performance of a mobile app;
- Enhance the customer and user experience based on feedback.
Pricing: From Free, with a $120/mo option for those who need to monitor over 25k sessions every month.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a product feedback tool?
Collecting feedback from customers or end-users is a real headache.
A product feedback tool flips that problem on its head.
Not only that, but the best product feedback tools make it easy to:
- Handle hundreds of client website and app projects at scale (live and in-development);
- Drop all of that feedback (UX, CX, bug reports, etc.) in your PM tool;
- Give you data-rich information, visuals, and session replays;
- And make it easy to notify a customer, users, client, colleague, or other stakeholders from your PM tool, forever solving the problem of inbox overload.
Why use a product feedback tool, and who needs them?
As we’ve mentioned, it’s difficult enough collecting feedback from clients, never mind a client’s end-user, their customers.
In most cases, customers never tell clients why they don’t like a software product's user experience (UX), or when there’s a bug. Customers churn, costing software businesses money.
That’s why product feedback tools are so important!
With these, customers can quickly and easily explain what’s wrong. In-house developers or an agency can fix the problem. Customers are happy.
Use cases for product feedback tools include the following:
- Improve the user experience on your website: What kind of usability or functionality issues are they running into?
- Find bugs: it’s near-impossible for a QA team to find every bug. By collecting this data from your users, you’re showing them that you care—and this helps you make your product better.
- Get ideas for new features and offers.
The possibilities are infinite!
And that about wraps up our list of the 15 best product feedback tools!
We hope this post helped you decide on a tool that’s right for you.
Let us know if we missed something!