In this blog post, we're comparing the top 8 alternatives to Markup.io for gathering feedback during website development projects.
Gathering feedback from clients can be challenging.
When you're juggling multiple website projects for different clients, you need a straightforward and efficient tool.
Markup.io is one such tool, but it might not be the best fit for everyone.
In this article, we'll compare Markup.io with eight other tools.
This comparison will help you decide which tool is the best fit for your agency, team, and client projects.
What is Markup.io?
Markup.io is a website feedback and approval tool—used to get feedback from your clients before the site goes live.
It includes a Chrome extension for in-browser testing. However, Markup.io does not integrate with project management tools.
That means any feedback recorded in Markup.io will need to be transferred to your project management solution for action.
Pricing starts with a free version (5 markups), with a monthly subscription from $29/mo (unlimited markups), a 30-day free trial, and a custom-price enterprise option.
Let's see how Markup.io stacks up against other website feedback and markup tools!
8 Best Markup.io Alternatives and Competitors
Let's compare Markup.io with eight other alternatives.
Feedback and bug reports from live or staging websites go directly into your project management tools, saving you time.
Marker.io is a user-friendly tool for website feedback, markup, and bug reporting. It's designed for agency owners and project or product managers.
With Marker.io, you can:
- Automatically sync every bug report with your chosen project management tool. Each piece of feedback or bug report can become an actionable task in your project management suite. Once completed, the client can be automatically notified.
- Collect visual feedback, including screenshots and annotations, from clients, colleagues, and other stakeholders. This feedback can be assigned to web designers or developers via the 2-way project management sync.
- Collect data-rich bug reports, including automatic environment and console logs capture. Everything developers need to replicate and fix bugs goes straight into your project management tool.
- Benefit from our session replay tool to see what a user was doing before they sent a report. This tool is a significant time-saver and one of the reasons why Marker.io is a popular choice for many agencies.
- Find, reproduce, and fix bugs faster with our network request recorder tool. Explore the reporters' logs as if you were looking at their browser dev tools.
2-way sync and integrations with PM tools
Unlike most other website feedback and bug-tracking tools, Marker.io is the only one to offer 2-way sync with PM software.
Typically, feedback loops work like this: a product manager or agency owner sends a client a link to a new website or app via a staging site.
Then, an iterative feedback process starts, often involving several cycles as different people weigh in.
Clients give feedback via email, Slack, or Zoom calls.
It can take days or weeks to get the feedback you need.
Once you've collected everyone's input, you need to spend a couple of hours transferring every email, Slack message, and note into your project management tool.
With Marker.io’s automatic 2-way project management sync, all that is a thing of the past. Website design feedback, bug reports, and others go straight into your project management tool.
And because our sync works both ways, every time an issue is marked as “Done” in your project management tool, that task is marked as “Resolved” in Marker.io.
Automatic notifications can be sent via e-mail to the client so they know the tasks have been actioned, helping you get sign-off faster.
Here’s Marker.io's 2-way sync in action:
Marker.io works as a small feedback button on any website, app, or SaaS product you upload it to.
Whether it comes to internal or external feedback, all anyone needs to do is:
- Click the button when they’ve found a bug.
- Fill out the feedback form and input details.
- Click on “Report Feedback”—done!
Every bug report or piece of feedback reported via Marker.io will go straight into your PM tool (e.g., Jira, Trello, Linear…).
Record user sessions with session replay.
Reproducing a bug can be challenging, even with detailed bug reports and our network request recorder.
It’s easier if you can see exactly what happened when a user or client encountered a bug.
Well—Marker.io's toolset includes session replay to solve that problem.
Each bug report or piece of feedback includes a “Watch replay” video.
You can then watch the last 30 seconds (or more) before the report was submitted.
Here’s Marker.io's session replay in action:
Data-rich bug reports
Clients and users often don't know what information you need to fix bugs.
Bugs are a common occurrence for websites, apps, and SaaS products.
However, vague bug reports like "Oh no, something’s broken; here’s what happened; please fix it" aren't helpful.
Engineers need detailed information, such as:
- The URL the reporter was on;
- Environment and console logs;
- Metadata (browser, device, OS, etc.);
- Session replay/recording and other useful data.
Marker.io automatically collects all this data and includes it in your PM tool along with visuals and video recordings.
Save time on bug tracking and client feedback. Try Marker.io for free today.
Pricing starts at $39/mo.
Popular collaborative design tool for designers, ideal for design-based collaboration and annotation on prototypes.
InVision is a prototyping and design collaboration tool used by designers and marketing teams. It includes:
- Interactive prototyping and animation capabilities;
- Ideation Whiteboards;
- Design feedback, commenting, and markup annotation features;
- Integrations with other design software like Sketch and Adobe XD.
Pricing starts from $4.95 per user/monthly.
Collaborative visual platform for iterative feedback loops and markups.
Miro is a collaborative whiteboard and markup tool for website feedback and design ideation.
With Miro, you can:
- Create collaborative visual markup whiteboards;
- Develop user journey maps and conduct remote design and UX workshops;
- Integrate it with other tools, such as UX research software and bug-tracking.
Pricing starts from $10/mo.
Collaborative project management, markup, and issue-tracking tool for website development teams and agencies.
Backlog allows you to focus on bug tracking and managing code repositories throughout the development lifecycle. It includes:
- Project progress assessment;
- Agile PM features with boards, Gnatt, burndown charts, and sprints;
- Bug and issue tracking.
Pricing starts from $35/mo.
Create and give feedback on interactive prototypes on one platform.
Figma is a popular design markup and feedback tool for web designers. It includes:
- An easy-to-use interface for collaboration;
- Dozens of plugins and apps;
- FigJam, an online whiteboard, and more.
Pricing starts from $15/mo per user.
PM suite with AI-powered automation workflows.
Asana is great for organizing tasks, team collaboration, checklists, feedback, and meeting project deadlines. With Asana, you can:
- Create custom fields for tailored project management;
- Set up time-tracking, due dates, and team workload management;
- Use advanced search and reporting with data export.
Want to collect bug reports and feedback directly into Asana? See how Asana/Marker.io integration works
Pricing starts from $13.49/mo per user.
Project management suite with advanced workflows.
Jira is a powerful issue-tracking and project-management tool used by software development teams.
- A robust issue tracking and ticketing system;
- Agile project management capabilities;
- Integration with various development and collaboration tools via the Atlassian Marketplace.
Pricing starts from $7.75 per user/monthly (for 10+ teams; it’s free for smaller teams).
Versatile platform that combines project management, tasks, dashboards, docs, chat, collaboration, and feedback functionality.
ClickUp offers a comprehensive suite of features in a single tool, including:
- Customizable task management with various views (list, board, Gantt chart, etc.);
- Easy-to-use documentation, whiteboards, and dashboards;
- And loads more than we can list, including AI-based tools and integrations!
Pricing: From $9/mo (per user)
And there we have it—a list of the best 8 Markup.io alternatives and competitors.
These tools empower users to provide feedback and report bugs. Plus, they automatically alert clients when a problem gets fixed.
We trust this list will guide you in selecting a suitable Markup.io alternative.
Did we miss anything? Let us know on Twitter or via email!