The first five months of 2019 have been intense at Marker.io! We made a lot of changes for admin users with the most noticeable change being the ability to invite guest users. We also announced a new pricing structure and 2 new integrations.
Guests are external project stakeholders from whom you can collect website feedback directly into your issue tracker, without the need for them to have access to your Trello, Jira, GitHub, Asana…
- Use case: Perfect for non-technical or external reporters like clients
- Integration: Guests can report feedback into your issue tracker without needing an account
- Experience: Guests have a simplified and minimal reporting experience
If you're an agency working with clients you are going to love how easy it is to collect actionable and visual feedback from your clients.
To invite your first guests, go inside one of your destinations.
If you are looking to report bugs and collect website feedback directly into Teamwork projects, this new integration is for you!
Now you can easily report bugs and collect website feedback as new Teamwork tasks without ever having your reporters leave your website!
Go to your admin and add your first Teamwork destination now!
If you are looking to report bugs and collect website feedback directly into Clubhouse projects, this new integration is for you!
Now you can easily report bugs and collect website feedback as new Clubhouse stories without ever having your reporters leave your website!
Go to your admin and add your first Clubhouse destination now!!
Destinations have been our most substantial innovation last year, but with it came a few challenges. We listened to your feedback and rebuilt them from the ground up to better fit your workflow and needs. In a nutshell, here are the 3 changes that we've done:
- The ability for team members to report issues into integrations via their personal accounts.
- Consolidation of destinations across the entire team.
- Ability to invite reporters only to specific destinations.
You can read about the details of the changes for admin users here
User permissions improvements
We recently introduced new user roles and permissions to help you better manage your team members and stakeholders:
- Admin: Perfect for Managers → Can manage destinations, invite reporters, configure templates, change team settings and access billing. Can also do everything a Member can. (Note: you can now also have multiple admins, which wasn't possible before).
- Team Member: Perfect for internal team testers → Can report feedback into destinations via their personal integration accounts. Cannot change settings nor invite reporters.
- Guest: Perfect for non-technical stakeholders like clients → Can report feedback into destinations without needing to connect an integration account.
Admins can update user permissions inside the reporters page here
We've spent a lot of time talking with customers, and we discovered that the best way to price our service was around the number of reporters, namely based on how many people can report feedback into your team's issue tracking tool like Trello, Jira, GitHub, GitLab, Asana, Bitbucket, and Slack.
All plans now include all integrations and all features. The only difference in tiers is based on the number of reporters.
- Starter: 10 reporters: $59/mo ($49/mo if paid yearly)
- Team: 50 reporters: $99/mo ($79/mo if paid yearly)
- Organization: Unlimited reporters: $199/mo ($159/mo if paid yearly)
Note: guests are considered as reporters.
If you're an existing customer we want to make the transition as smooth as possible. Nothing changes to your Marker.io billing today. Even though you are now able to enjoy all features included in the new plans, you won't see any price increase on your invoice until the 1st of July 2019.
You will continue to be billed at your current plan selection until then, unless you manually change your plan in which case you'll be billed at the new price.
Trial extensions for all!
Since it's been a massive update, we re-initiated a 7-day free trial to all non-customers accounts.
Existing customers, if you have any question or concern, we're happy to jump on a call with you to explain these changes to you and help you define the best workflow for your team.